WHEN: October 1-3, 2013
WHERE: Pheasant Run Resort, St. Charles, Ill.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – September 26, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Members of the media are invited to attend the IAR Fall Conference & Expo to meet with Illinois real estate professionals and REALTOR® association leaders and gain perspective on the market and industry trends. Media may attend any session. Find a complete schedule and additional information at www.illinoisrealtor.org/fallconference.
Headline speakers include:
- John Tuccillo, noted real estate strategist and a former chief economist for the National Association of REALTORS®, will cover the prospects for 2014 and the opportunities and issues facing the industry in, “Housing and the Economy: A First Look at 2014,” from 10:30-11:30 a.m., Oct. 3.
- John D. Reyes, CEO and President of Social NetworX, a social media and tech training company for the real estate industry, will provide an overview of the true value of social networking, video, mobile and other technologies in, “Mobile Technology and All That You Can Do,” from 8:45-11:15 a.m., Oct. 2.
- Nobu Hata, the National Association of REALTORS® Director of Digital Engagement will discuss the future of the industry and statistics and trends affecting the industry, both online and off in, “The Social Business of Real Estate,” from 1:30-3 p.m., Oct. 2.
- Steve Volkodav, CEO of the North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS® will review apps that will help REALTORS® work smarter and more efficiently in, “App Swap,” from 1-1:45 p.m., Oct. 3.
- Kim Hlava, a recognized expert on the use of tablet technology in the real estate industry, will offer time-saving, cost-cutting and paperwork-reducing tips in, “Going Paperless: Streamlining Your Systems with Your iPad,” from 1:45-2:30 p.m., Oct. 3.
The Illinois Real Estate Expo will be open Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and on Thursday, Oct. 3, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
On Oct. 2, an Inaugural Gala will introduce the incoming 2014 IAR officers: IAR President Phil Chiles, ABR, CRS, GRI, SRES, Springfield; President-Elect Jim Kinney, CRB, CRS, GRI, Chicago; and Treasurer Mike Drews, Aurora.
To attend the IAR Fall Conference & Expo, please contact Jon Broadbooks at 217-529-2600 or 217-836-1958. On-site registration hours are 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 1; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Oct. 2; and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Oct. 3. There is no registration fee for members of the media with credentials.
The Illinois Association of REALTORS® is a voluntary trade association whose 41,000 members are engaged in all facets of the real estate industry. In addition to serving the professional needs of its members, the Illinois Association of REALTORS® works to protect the rights of private property owners in the state by recommending and promoting legislation that safeguards and advances the interest of real property ownership.